Organic micro greens are increasing in popularity, and it isn’t hard to see why! Not only are they small and delightful to cultivate, but they are packed with healthy nutrients and benefits. Technically speaking, microgreens are seedlings that are harvested within the first primary stage of growth. This stage serves as a sort of ‘sweet spot’ where the greens have maximum nutrients and maximum flavor.
Additionally, organic micro greens, thanks to their size, can be easily added to almost any dish! You can sprinkle them into salads, pastas, or even blend them into smoothies! Spinach and kale varieties in particular can add a potent dose of healthy nutrients to anything they are incorporated into.
The Benefits Of Organic Micro Greens
Aside from being healthy in general, there are a couple notably benefits that microgreens can give you.
- Reducing Heart Disease. High blood pressure is one of the leading causes of heart disease, and it is something that can be difficult to regulate on your own. Microgreens can help regulate blood pressure due to their high fiber and vitamin K content. When regularly consumed this can potentially lead to a reduction in blood pressure and a lower chance of developing heart disease.
- Fighting Cancer. Many plants, including organic micro greens, can have cancer fighting properties. In fact sulforaphane, a compound prevalent in broccoli type microgreens, can actually target cancerous stem cells in noted research.
- Immune Health. No one likes getting sick, and bolstering your immune system is one of the best ways to prevent the onset of illness. Microgreens have the potential to act as an anti-inflammatory and benefit the immune system in a positive fashion.
- Eyesight. We all know the old wivestale about carrots helping eyesight, but there may actually be some truth to this! Increasing your consumption of leafy green vegetables can in fact positively benefit your eye health! Some types of microgreens can help eyes adjust and absorb excess light, which can lead to a lower chance of developing migraines and headaches.
- Ease Constipation. Constipation is uncomfortable, and something no one likes to go through. Due to the fiber in organic micro greens, constipation can be a thing of the past!
- Digestive Health. Prebiotic fiber helps the good bacteria in your digestive system thrive. This can help manage digestive problems and help stave off any future issues.
- Lower Cholesterol. Micro green red cabbage in particular has been shown to potentially lower bad cholesterol and help with weight loss efforts. This can benefit you even if you tend to consume a primarily fatty diet.
Organic micro greens are growing in popularity as more and more people come to understand the benefits they can have. In addition to being healthy for you, they are also easy to cultivate on your own. Organic microgreen seeds can be easily bought, and take minimal effort to grow. In fact you can even grow them on a window sill! By growing your own microgreens you not only make eating healthy easier, but you can know for certain that the veggies you’re eating are the freshest they can be!