It may be winter, but frozen treats are still a family tradition. And while the kids sometimes enjoy the idea of a bowl of ice cream or frozen yogurt at home, the reality is that most of the time they want to take any holiday guests to one of their favorite local gelato shops. From the brightly colored plastic spoons to the custom cups that you can take home, the kids love to take grandparents, aunts, uncles, and any other visitors to their favorite time.
Many families have plenty of holiday traditions that they like to return to every season, but the fact that your kids have a favorite ice cream store is just one reason to get the family members out of the house and enjoy some times exploring the best local frozen flavors.
Is Your Family a Fan of Frozen Treats?
Whether you are a fan of gelato or ice cream or frozen yogurt, it is likely that you have a favorite locations. From the decor to the toppings, there are any number of ways that frozen treat stores can increase their popularity. By offering a unique set of toppings, for instance, many stores can create a following that will help the store be the most successful. Consider these facts and figures about the many ways that ice cream continues to increase in popularity and by impacting the nation’s economy:
- 9% of all the milk produced by U.S. dairy farmers is used to produce ice cream.
- Gelato contains a mere 3% to 8% milkfat and 25% to 30% air.
- 90% of households in America regularly indulge in a sweet, frozen treat.
- Vanilla remains the most popular flavor among their consumers at 28%, according to a recent survey of International Ice Cream Association member companies.
- 1.5 billion gallons of ice cream and similar desserts produced in America every year.
- The average person in America will consume ice cream 28.5 times a year.
Finding the right kind of dessert is a priority for many families. Fortunately, there are a number of ice cream, gelato, and frozen yogurt stores that provide treats that many people love. And while June is the month that the most ice cream is produced, every time of the year is a great time to eat your favorite ice cream!